18 August, 2017

Grade 4 blog comprehension



Grade 4 blog comprehension

Read the following passage and answer the questions given below.

It has been my lifelong dream to play on the middle school basketball team. I began playing basketball when I was in the fourth standard. My older brother taught me to play. He is three years older than I am. He practices with me every afternoon. And always encourages me before a match.
This year I started sixth standard. The school basketball team selections were announced. Last month. Every day since the announcement, my brother has helped me prepare for the team tryouts. The selections were held last Saturday morning. Twenty-three students from my class tried out for the team. The team only has spaces for fifth sixth standard students. I know I worked as hard as I could to prepare for the selections. I felt like I had a good chance but I was still nervous on Saturday night and Sunday morning, waiting for the team list to be posted. On Sunday afternoon, my parents took me to the school to see who had made it to the team. I was so happy when I saw my name on the list! It is so exciting to be part of the team.
When we left the school, my parents said we would go out for pizza. It would just be a little family celebration in my honor. They called my brother, and he met us at the restaurant. He walked in with a big smile on his face. He was really proud of me. My parents were very proud too, although they warned me about not neglecting my studies and making sure I did all my homework every day. They do not need to worry about those things. I'll work very hard to stay on the team.

1.  What was the boys dream?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Who encouraged and helped the boy for his basketball match?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3. What was the boy's reaction when he saw his name on the list?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4. How would you feel if you would have been selected for the basketball team?
 _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5. The word 'warned' means……

a. notified in advance             b. shouted
c. celebrated                            d. joined a team

6. Language record:


nervous





announcement



__________________________________


Directed Writing. 
Imagine you are the student in the passage. Write a letter to your friend giving him the news of your selection in the basketball team.
        Your practice with your older brother
        The day of your selection and the celebration
        Your parent's reaction.


No comments: